- National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) is a project of MHRD initiated by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (Bombay, Delhi, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Guwahati, and Roorkee) along with the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in 2003, to provide quality education to anyone interested in learning from the IITs.
- The main goal was to create web and video courses in all major branches of engineering and physical sciences at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels and management courses at the postgraduate level.
- NPTEL is the largest online repository in the world of courses in engineering, basic sciences, and selected humanities and social sciences subjects.
- The quality of NPTEL videos are reflected in the fact that the curriculum content is exactly what is taught at IIT and IISc. This will definitely create fundamental knowledge and understanding for any student. The courses will also help prepare candidates for the entrance examination for their higher studies.
- Ambala College of Engineering and Applied Research as an NPTEL Local Chapter (Id. No: 1144), encourages faculty members and students to take up online courses in their passionate subjects.
- A certificate issued by the NPTEL upon completion of an online course is meritorious and valuable. Students who collect 18-20 credits can get a degree with a specialization /minor degree in their specific field.
- ACE is providing specializations/minor degrees in the following areas through NPTEL credits (18-20) :
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning
- Cyber security
- Internet of Things
- Data Science
- Genome Engineering
- Computer Science and Biology
- 3D Printing
- Robotics and Automation
- Faculty members of ACE who successfully complete a NPTEL course and obtain certificate are reimbursed with 60% of the registration fee for a course.
- NPTEL’s curriculum enables the student to engage and learn directly from one of the best faculty in that specialization. This strengthens the student’s fundamentals about the course.
- NPTEL Online Courses offer students the opportunity to explore new areas of interest, which are not possible in regular college environments. Also, it gives students the opportunity to learn more deeply about the subjects.
- The enrolment to and learning from these courses involves no cost. An in-person, proctored certification exam (optional) will be conducted at Rs. 1000/- per course, and a certificate is provided through the participating institutions and industry, when applicable.
- The credits are also accumulated in ABC (Academic bank of Credits).As per National Education Policy 2020, The Academic Bank of Credits (ABC) has been envisaged to facilitate the academic mobility of students with the freedom to study across the Higher Education Institutions in the country with an appropriate “credit transfer” mechanism from one programme to another, leading to attain a Degree/Diploma/PG-diploma, etc.
- NPTEL industry associates are IBM, Infosys, Glass academy, Aricent, DRDO , envirocare labs and many more who directly pick the achiever students from NPTEL portal.
- Recently launched courses on NPTEL are for Laboratory workshops, Internships, Soft Skills Workshops for improving employability and for GATE exams.
NPTEL Stars: NPTEL recognizes the learners who have excelled in various courses under the following categories
- NPTEL DOMAIN SCHOLARS
- NPTEL SUPERSTARS
- NPTEL EVANGELISTS
- NPTEL MOTIVATED LEARNERS
- NPTEL ENTHUSIASTS
- NPTEL DISCIPLINE STARS
- NPTEL BELIEVERS
Our NPTEL Achievers:
July – October 2022
January – March 2022
For any query, Contact:
Er. Rajwinder Kaur
Assistant Professor, CSE
Email Id: email@example.com