Computer Science and Engineering
Our aim not only includes providing efficient and effective computer education but also to incorporate modern day technical values among our students. In today’s world, we have to move ahead with the time which demands better and smarter computer education. To make our students competent enough, we are encouraging and engaging them to automate the different departments/sections of the Institute. The department has Air-Conditioned Labs, in addition to centralized computer centre and R&D Lab for staff. The labs are equipped with more than 300 state-of-artThin Clients and Stand-alone Computers. The labs provide ample work space and 24 hours internet facility free of cost. The systems are on LAN and have Linux Operating System (OS) which is one of the most widely used OS in the world. The computer to student ratio is better than 1:4. The internet facilities is also available through Wi-fi in the whole campus.
Unique features of the Department
- Laboratories are well equipped with state of art, elegantly designed, compact and virus free thin client
- More emphasis on usage of open source technologies (e.g. Linux Operating System)
- IBM centre of excellence is equipped with AIX server to train students on latest technologies.
- Research work on live projects from industries (e.g. biomedical Image processing projects from mdi, Ambala)
- Department is developing an ERP software (ACE Information System) to automate different parts/sections of the Institute.
|IBM Open Source|